Health analysis app?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by bulldoze, Jan 7, 2016.

1. bulldoze macrumors regular

The iPhone 6 and Apple watch gathers an awful lot of data about me and my activity but how do I analyse this data? the iPhone health and activity app is pretty much useless for any sort of serious analysis.

What is needed is a a OSX app so you can see decent sized chart data and the ability to construct a proper query on the data.

I can't see anything like this on the App store - anybody know of anything?

I just downloaded Lark for my iPhone but it was so stupid it could not even recognise that a recorded indoor run on a treadmill counted as running activity.

2. Julien, Jan 7, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2016

Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Health and Fitness data is sandboxed on iOS. Apple is using it for actual medical trials and studies so it MUST be FDA secure.

Example: http://www.apple.com/researchkit/

3. bigkeith macrumors newbie

bigkeith

Being involved in one of the research studies Julien mentioned requires me to install and maintain a few apps on both my watch and phone for data collection. It does allow me to catch a glimpse of some of the data they receive and display it in a really nice and easy to understand format. So it's possible if they can clear the legal and privacy hurdles.

4. Porterhouse macrumors newbie

Porterhouse

Hmm. I've noticed that there is space for several items in the health app (like respiratory rate) but I don't see a way for that to be measured. Does anyone know why this is included? (Am I possible missing something?)

5. Newtons Apple macrumors G5

Newtons Apple

There are many items the watch can not record. All you need is the BT connect hardware that measures your respiratory rate and you are good to go.

6. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

....and all values can be entered manually. You could simply count your respiration rate then enter the info and any other infos. Also values could be manually entered from medical tests.

7. Newtons Apple macrumors G5

Newtons Apple

I was thinking the OP wanted something more than just counting and entering the data yourself. You could do that in all of the different categories and not even need the Apple watch

8. BarracksSi macrumors 68040

BarracksSi

Or does the OP want to extract data from Health?

I saw an app mentioned in another thread called QS Access. Might be worth a look.