Health app and steps in B3

bookalon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 4, 2014
Kells, Ireland
hi, i have read on a few sites including here that the health app now knows your steps. i have keep an eye on it since updating and mine does not seem to want to count mine on my 5S.

any ideas?

gstevie

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2009
Glasgow
In the distance part of that app does anyone know if it can be changed from km to Miles? On mine (UK) its showing as km and would prefer the latter.

bluedukies8

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2009
Iowa
I've tried to restart my phone and still won't count steps. Just took a walk and still nothing. Weird nothing in settings either

eastamherstbias

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2012
I don't know how I feel about sticking my phone in my pocket as I walk around all day to calculate steps. I have always been kinda weirded out by the radiation coming out of it.

seble

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2010
It means that other apps can access this data, therefore don't need to be running continuously, wasting battery.......
I don't think you get how the 5S or the M7 coprocessor works. The M7 processor collects the data, without other apps having to be even open. When you open such apps that use the data i.e pedometers it imports the data stored in the device. They can already access this data.

Lostanddamned

macrumors 6502a
May 3, 2009
London, UK
I don't know how I feel about sticking my phone in my pocket as I walk around all day to calculate steps. I have always been kinda weirded out by the radiation coming out of it.
Good job you never put it near your head then.

Also, you’d probably best avoid areas with wireless internet, TV, GPS or radio signals. Not to mention microwaves, remote central locking, thunderstorms, certain types of granite and smoke detectors.

“Radiation” in these forms is a fact of the modern world, and no significant harm has ever been linked to this.

Although, if you are really worried, a good tinfoil hat will keep the waves away. I promise.