iPhone Health App Data Handling

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by D-Dave, Oct 29, 2014.

1. D-Dave macrumors 6502

I am wondering if it is just my setup that is causing trouble or maybe a bug in the health app.

When I try to access my steps (show all data) it used to show the steps gathered by the phone (which were a lot of entries...often just a couple of steps per entrie but hundreds of entries per day) now it just keeps showing that spinning circle and the back gets a little warm after a while...my thought is that maybe the way the health app gathers the data produces such a big amount of data that it does not handle propperly...

Can anyone confirm this or has a better explaination?

and for a quick workaround...does anyone know a way to reset/delete the health data without a full frsh install of iOS?

2. CaptMarvel macrumors 65816

CaptMarvel

when I first received my 6 Plus, I tinkered around with it as I came from the 5 with no motion sensor. If I remember correctly to get it to start populating again, I went to the selected dashboard and selected "add data point" and let that mix in with what the device had alread captured for everything to work in tandem.

3. D-Dave thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the feedback. I'll try that....well...maybe if that does not work, I may do a fresh iOS install (first since 5.0) even though that has this Windows 98 feeling to it ;)

4. jarofclay73 macrumors 6502

jarofclay73

From day 1, the Health app never worked on my iPhone 6 Plus and adding 3rd party data to it seemed to kill it.

So, I had to restore the iPhone as new. Open the Health app to Steps and make sure it was recording my steps. It finally recorded steps. Then, I restored from backup.