Health app data transfer to new iPhone

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Mabus51, Sep 24, 2014.

1. Mabus51 macrumors 6502a

has anyone figured out how to transfer health data from one iPhone to a new one? iCloud doesn't seem to transfer it

2. jjm3 macrumors member

jjm3

I haven't discovered how to do this yet either. I had an iPhone 5 that I was manually entering data in for the last week (flights, weight, etc.), and I'd love to transfer that stuff over to my new iPhone 6 Plus, but I can't find any software options to do that, and it didn't happen with my iCloud backup / restore from the old phone to the new one.

It's only a few days' worth of data so I could just re-enter it manually on the new phone, but I'd love to find a shortcut before going that route...

3. AngusW macrumors 6502

AngusW

If you restore from a backup it should transfer everything over.

4. BrettDS macrumors 65816

This wasn't working in iOS 8, but it seems to have been resolved with 8.0.2. I've done two iCloud backups and restores with 8.0.2 and my health data did come back in each case. I had done several backup and restores in 8.0 and health data did not come back with those.

5. awests macrumors regular

In the beta's backups did not backup health data. Did multiple restores from backups during the beta program and health data was completely wiped from Health.app. It was not lost from other health apps such as Argus. Not sure about the official releases though...

6. Stuke00 macrumors 68000

7. ldeffinbaugh macrumors newbie

Backup option didn't work

----------

I tried that. Same model phone worked fine. Going from 5 to 6 plus, no

8. LV426 macrumors 6502a

I restored an iPhone 5s iCloud backup to my new iPhone 6. All step data going back 1 month is available. It's the only 'health' data I have, but it's there on the iPhone 6.