Health App for iPad

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by jaydennz, Sep 29, 2014.

1. jaydennz macrumors member

Anyone know of any apps that allow viewing of the health kit data (gathered via iPhone) on iPad or Mac?

Thanks

2. revanmj macrumors member

revanmj

I doubt there are any - Apple doesn't allow developers to send data from HealthKit to other devices (or cloud). They can only use it locally on an iPhone / iPod touch. Apple also doesn't sync this data with iCloud. So there is no way to move it to iPad / Mac (unless some will make a jailbreak tweak / app for that).

3. jaydennz thread starter macrumors member

That's not quite true, the health app can serve data to other apps, like myfitnesspal. So all that would be necessary is to have a cloud enabled app is that accessed this data

4. ScottNWDW macrumors 65816

ScottNWDW

There is an app that has been put for quite awhile now that pretty much tracks everything that the Health app tracts. I have been using it for quite awhile and it syncs with my Fitbit tracker, Aria Scale and iHealth Blood Pressure monitor as well as my iHealth Oxymeter. It also syncs with many of the other fitness trackers out there.

5. revanmj macrumors member

revanmj

I didn't say it can't deliver data to other apps. I said that apps cannot send this data outside the device. Apple forbids that in their guidelines.