Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacrumoursUser

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 1, 2014
Denmark
Is it just me, or does it seem that one's daily step count is insanely high? Apparently, I walked almost 20,000 steps yesterday, and while I do have a very, very active job, it still seems inflated. I don't know, maybe I'm just being paranoid, having never owned a device with pedometer capabilities...

It's normal. I do about 15 000 in 5-6 hours at work. I even compared it to other devices and result is ~300 steps give or take.

moonman239

Cancelled
Mar 27, 2009
64 steps to walk to and from my kitchen back to my desk just now. I counted that by hand. You just don't realize it you're doing it. 2,000 is about a mile. So if you're on your feet all day, 20,000 is easily doable because it equals to a little more than 4 hours.

Right. All those steps that you take during the day add up. You probably knock out 50 or so just getting ready for, and going to, work. When you get to work there's walking to your station, walking to and from the bathroom, walking to and from the water cooler, and walking outside.

Sonmi451

Suspended
Aug 28, 2014
Tesla
It can't tell if you are cycling or running. Even though apps that use M7 do. What's more important it can't even calculate calories burnt from that. Even approximate number would be nice.

Maybe I don't know something about it.

You're only talking about 1 aspect of the health app. I found it to be quite useful entering in manual health data. Over time you can have quite a bit of data.

richdruitt

macrumors member
Sep 3, 2014
I've just had a look and I think it's pretty underwhelming as well. It's probably great for people who want to track all sorts of fitness things, but really, it's just fitness.
Being HIV+, I was looking forward to a place where I could keep track of important test results. Viral Load, CD4 counts, CD8 counts, the results of full blood counts etc.
There's nothing at all for any of these. There's not even a way to add them. It's truly a hobbled application and frankly, pretty useless for actual health monitoring. It's just a great fitness app. :(

CEmajr

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Charlotte, NC
Anyone figured out how to get it to import in the data from My FitnessPal yet? I use that app to keep track of nutrition and cardio exercises daily.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.