Health app lacks basic feature

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by sanke1, Jan 30, 2015.

1. sanke1 macrumors 65816

sanke1

I am using 5S. It has M7 co-processor which tracks all the steps walked and displays them on health app's dashboard. I can see today's steps.

But I cannot figure out how many total steps I took yesterday or any day before. There is an option "Show all Data" and all previous days data is there but that's incredibly useless.

How to see aggregate no. of steps for a particular day? Has Apple missed adding that functionality or am I missing some setting to see it?

2. Fzang macrumors 65816

Fzang

No. Apple has decided that if your outliers are lowest 500 steps and highest 20000 steps, then that should be adequate to extrapolate any number in between from the tiny graph.

3. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

There is a free app called Pedometer that will do what you want.

4. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Health is a 1st gen App. Also it is more of a health/fitness data 'bank' than analytical tool. If you want more detailed data analysis use a specific App (pedometer in your case).

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Perhaps, but some of the heavy hitters are not using it. Fitbit for instance. I'm not sure about its overall success if Apple cannot get developers on board.

6. Vundu macrumors 65816

Vundu

I want them to fix all the issues with it before adding anything else.

7. tirk macrumors 6502

tirk

Would be nice to be able to get the data out to a csv file or something. To do your own analysis, or to load into a better app. Unless I've missed a way to do this??

8. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

I agree. This is a small thing but it can make the health app experience much better.

9. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

I use Misfit on my Pebble watch to track my steps and then push the data into the health app. There are plenty of apps that integrate with the health app but like someone else said the health app is more for data storage and not analysis.