Health App on iPad with iOS 8 Possible?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by HardHatMac9, Jun 3, 2014.

1. HardHatMac9 macrumors regular

Anyone have a workaround for getting the Health App on an iPad running iOS 8? Thanks in advance!

2. Solver macrumors 6502a

Maybe it will be in beta 2. It exists on the iPod Touch 5 so why not most if not all iPads.

3. HardHatMac9 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks...I hope so, but I kinda doubt it. I guess we'll have to wait and see!

4. MisakixMikasa macrumors 6502a

MisakixMikasa

Not necessary. Weather, Stock, Calculator exit on the iPod Touch, but not on iPad. This has been since iPad 1. You do not carry iPad with you when you do exercises and people do not carry iPad all the time outside. Fitness band cannot constantly connected with iPad. So I think Health App is not really worth on iPads.

5. HardHatMac9 thread starter macrumors regular

I think you're right.

6. bunchofpenguins macrumors member

Not trying to argue but I just want to point out I do keep my iPad with me when I exercise on the treadmill or other type of exercise machine. :)

7. MisakixMikasa macrumors 6502a

MisakixMikasa

Σ(●゚д゚●) ... Good for you... I personally think even with iPad mini, it is still too big for me when do exercises. Maybe Health app is suit for you... I highly doubt it will be on iPad, but let just wait and see....

8. richwoodrocket macrumors 68020

richwoodrocket

iPad armband?

9. d21mike macrumors 68040

d21mike

I have a doctors appointment coming up soon so I thought I would add my medications to the Health App (In the Medical ID Section). It would have been nice to have an OS X App to add this kind of data or at least be able to do it on my iPad. iPhone is kind of small for this. Fortunately I did not have that much to enter. However, in looking thru the App it appears most of the data is intended to come from other devices and not be manually entered. Anyway, any data that is manually entered it would be nice to have a larger screen to enter it on.

10. Brammy macrumors 65816

While it doesn't have the ability to use the M& sensors, it would be nice to have a health.app so you can view your data on the larger screen. Especially if you're at a doctors appt reviewing levels.

11. chekz0414 macrumors 6502a

chekz0414

The iPad lacks Passbook from iOS 6, as well as multiple apps from the iPhone and iPod touch, I doubt it will happen.