Health app on iPad2

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by articcine, Oct 8, 2014.

1. articcine macrumors regular

I updated to iOS8 but it doesn't seem like I got the Health app?
    Does anyone know why? Is it only on iPhone?

2. AngusW macrumors 6502

AngusW

Yup it's only an iPhone thing. They've mentioned that previously.

3. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

and all iPad does not have M7/M8 co-processor built in. Or I could be silly wrong?

4. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

The iPad Air and rMini both have the M7 chip, so theoretically, it would work. However, most people don't walk everywhere with their iPads in their pocket.

It would still be useful as a viewing portal for all of the health data, but for now, the Health app is not included with any iPad.

5. Julien macrumors G4

Julien

Doesn't really matter (as pointed out all S7's have an M co) since the iPhone 5 doesn't have an M chip either. It's just NOT an iPad App. I hope Apple will add it later.

6. jmantn macrumors 6502

I'd like to see my stats from my iPhone on my iPad and Mac. Probably won't happen since that info isn't going to be stored in the cloud which I think we should have the option to allow or decline.

7. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

Thank you Tyler23 and Julien. I did not know iPad Air have a M chip and you are right no one will execrise with an iPad...Maybe many hospitals might use it. :apple:

8. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

It's kind of a weird omission with all of the focus on Continuity. I guess it's because the data is, as far as I know, not sent to iCloud and so it would be much harder to sync between devices. I'm hoping it's another thing like Touch ID that Apple sort of tests on one device before putting it elsewhere. I know there are major legal and security risks with putting health data online in any format.

9. Solver macrumors 6502a

It's also an iPod Touch thing.

10. Julien macrumors G4

Julien

This is a tough one. Apple is pushing Health as a medical monitor as well. FDA regulations/laws/rules/privacy practices that govern medical information is in a whole different league than your personal fitness data.