Health app on iPad2

AngusW

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2013
Yup it's only an iPhone thing. They've mentioned that previously.

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
and all iPad does not have M7/M8 co-processor built in. Or I could be silly wrong?
The iPad Air and rMini both have the M7 chip, so theoretically, it would work. However, most people don't walk everywhere with their iPads in their pocket.

It would still be useful as a viewing portal for all of the health data, but for now, the Health app is not included with any iPad.

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
and all iPad does not have M7/M8 co-processor built in. Or I could be silly wrong?
Doesn't really matter (as pointed out all S7's have an M co) since the iPhone 5 doesn't have an M chip either. It's just NOT an iPad App. I hope Apple will add it later.

jmantn

macrumors 6502
Mar 13, 2012
Tn
I'd like to see my stats from my iPhone on my iPad and Mac. Probably won't happen since that info isn't going to be stored in the cloud which I think we should have the option to allow or decline.

Badrottie

Suspended
May 8, 2011
Los Angeles
Thank you Tyler23 and Julien. I did not know iPad Air have a M chip and you are right no one will execrise with an iPad...Maybe many hospitals might use it. :apple:

Michael CM1

macrumors 603
Feb 4, 2008
It's kind of a weird omission with all of the focus on Continuity. I guess it's because the data is, as far as I know, not sent to iCloud and so it would be much harder to sync between devices. I'm hoping it's another thing like Touch ID that Apple sort of tests on one device before putting it elsewhere. I know there are major legal and security risks with putting health data online in any format.

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
I'd like to see my stats from my iPhone on my iPad and Mac. Probably won't happen since that info isn't going to be stored in the cloud which I think we should have the option to allow or decline.
This is a tough one. Apple is pushing Health as a medical monitor as well. FDA regulations/laws/rules/privacy practices that govern medical information is in a whole different league than your personal fitness data.