Health app only stores today's data

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by sunking101, Dec 24, 2014.

1. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

Why is it that my day/week/year tabs all display the same data? The previous day's data is wiped every 24hrs and the app starts afresh.

2. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

I think its time for you to a do a DFU restore and NOT restore from backup. You seem to have the weirdest iPhone issues. My health app works fine and has been tracking for over a month now.

3. sunking101, Dec 24, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2014

sunking101 thread starter macrumors 603

sunking101

The whole 'plus' point of owning an iPhone is the ease of use, and I pay for iCloud storage space. Why would I want to lose my back-up? I went through that carry on with my iPhone 5 and spent a whole weekend setting it up from scratch only to find that my battery drain issue was still present. I'm reluctant to do a set-up as new when there is only a slim possibility that it will cure my problems.
    Incidentally, which weird issues does my iPhone suffer from? It doesn't have the low volume problem, or screen issues etc. It lags and the screen is at times unresponsive, but these are well documented 6+ problems. The health app doesn't really bother me but I was wondering why it seemed to reset itself every 24 hours...

**EDIT** The health app is working, doh. I didn't realise that it didn't tot-up flights climbed etc, it instead records them individually. I have lots and lots of entries for the same day and they *are* showing on the graph. I'm sure they weren't there yesterday!

4. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

I think people are misinterpreting "easy to use" and "it just works" to mean

"I don't have to do a thing and it should be perfect".

Nothing works like that in this world. Everything requires maintenance on the owner's part.

It's like people complaining that their Honda Accord is not getting the advertised fuel economy when they:

Don't check their tire pressure
    Don't take it in for regular maintenance (oil, air filters, etc)

I'm not saying you are doing anything wrong but its a healthy habit to maintain anything you own.

I recently learned I have to change the air filter in my house every 6 months for the air conditioning to properly cool the house and keep my cooling costs low.

5. Vundu macrumors 65816

Vundu

You should not need to do any "maintenance" on your phone other than manage free space.

6. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

User Data corruption happens. The phone cannot magically fix itself when this occurs. This is why not every iPhone user experiences the same issues aside from obvious bugs.