Health App reset and lost all my settings

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Hustler1337, Oct 11, 2014.

1. Hustler1337 macrumors 68000

Hustler1337

Hi guys,

I've set up my Dashboard on the Health app to show mu steps, walking distance, heart rate and sleep. All has been good for the past 1.5 weeks, until now - my Dashboard has been reset including my personal information such as birthdate, gender etc! However, it seems the data such as steps etc has not.

Kind of peeved off that I have to set it all up again. How does Apple expect users to rely on and trust their data to be secure? So far it's been a flop and totally unreliable. Kinda ironic since I just saw their advert on the TV showing off the Health app a few minutes ago.

Anyone else had this issue? :(

[​IMG]

2. matthewadams macrumors regular

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

(it being the phone, not the app... read a couple of times that will repopulate the graphs)

3. Hammie macrumors 65816

Hammie

Same here. Everything is gone today.

I have tried all the recommended fixes that I have found on both this site and other sites via a Google search.

Hoping things will just appear in the same manner that they disappeared.

4. madsci954 macrumors 68030

Happened to me 2 or 3 times now. Reboots fix it, or, for some odd reason, it fixes itself in time.

5. MOOCH5 macrumors newbie

Glad to see that I am not the only one experiencing this issue. This app is really buggy. When I open the app to view my step count its a crapshoot if the dashboard will be like I left it or completely blank like the OP showed.

6. Ntombi macrumors 68040

Ntombi

Happened to me this morning, but, like was said upthread, a reboot fixed it. It's happened twice, but today was the first time since 8.0.2.

7. m.x macrumors member

m.x

I did a clean install of iOS 8.0.2 on my 5s yesterday. Every data in Health App is gone... a reboot did not fix anything. Would be nice if you could backup the Health data in iCloud, but that is not possible yet, or?

8. seamuskrat macrumors 6502a

seamuskrat

I had this problem first appear last week. Did the hard reboot, did the Apple suggested open Health, go to Fitness then steps, then walk for a minute, hard reboot and hope.

Still no luck.

Now I updated to 8.1 hoping it would be fixed.

Nothing. Dashboard shows up at least but with no data.

Disappointing- no idea what to do now.

I know I could try a full restore.

I have two issues with this.

1. It will loose some progress and settings. No matter what Apple says this process always looses log ins, passwords, some app settings and progress, etc. It is not truly a backup and restore.

2. It is a huge inconvenience for a crap shoot that may not even work.

Of course I may have no choice. But I am hoping word of a patch or some other creative person will find a cause and solution for the problem.

9. GlideStar macrumors newbie

Everything was wiped a few days ago but seems to have re-appeared as mysteriously as it disappeared.

One of the many irritating bugs in iOS 8....

Apple's quality control issues really need to be addressed.

We've gone from 'it just works' to 'it just about works - sometimes'