Health app (sleep question)

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by hashsi99, Oct 25, 2014.

1. hashsi99 macrumors member

How do you get the app to track your sleep patterns? Mine is blank?

Also, I just noticed that the app started keeping track of my steps. Was this enabled in 8.1?

2. Tiptizzle macrumors 6502

It's been tracking my steps fine since 8.0. Sleep is tracked by another device, like a watch band I think and synced to the phone.

3. freeskier93 macrumors 6502

The app itself doesn't track anything other than steps. You have to use other apps to track sleep. The point of the health app is it's a consolidated place for all the info. I use Sleep Cycle to track sleep.

4. DiabBarca macrumors regular

DiabBarca

5. Realistiic macrumors regular

Realistiic

How accurate do you think the health app tracking your steps is? I've noticed mines going up while driving

6. lelisa13p macrumors 68000

lelisa13p

You don't happen to be Fred Flintstone?

7. Realistiic macrumors regular

Realistiic

8. ttmrn macrumors regular

u all can use the app called lark.

it sort of figures out ur sleeping patterns (by not using ur iphone, i guess) and add it to the healthkit data.

it doesnt run on the background, and it uses the M8 data. so no worries about battery drain :D

9. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

10. Ntombi macrumors 68040

Ntombi

Sleep Cycle alarm clock here too.

Mine doesn't count anything but my actual steps. I'm not saying it's 100% accurate step for step, but I've never seen it count car rides added in or anything else.

Nor does the stairs climbed count anything but when I actually climb steps myself (which I don't do if I have a choice, because of a health issue). I have a stair climber at home, and since launch day, it hasn't once erroneously counted flights of stairs.

11. matthewadams macrumors regular

The downside is "Sleep Cycle" currently only writes the "total bed time" into HealthKit. Motion 24/7 is going one step further and subtracts the "awake phases" from the total bed time, making it the actual sleep time.
    However I found Sleep Cycle's sensor-algorithm a bit better... I hope they introduce this in an update.

12. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

I've found Lark's sleep results to be wildly inaccurate. I usually have to look at my Misfit data and edit based on that.