health app

stock28

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 29, 2012
IPhone 6 health app tracks steps and distance accurately. I enabled the calories counter but it shows no data. Is it suppose to estimate this on is own or is a third party app needed to gather data?

stickybuns

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2011
I have My Fitness Pal linked, and I have the Calorie button activated for sharing but nothing seems to be happening.

epphllps

macrumors 6502
Mar 13, 2011
West TN
health app

My whole health app has lost all data after working the last few days. I customized it and had everything I wanted and linked to MFP. Suddenly it has gone completely blank and doesn't even have the tabs I selected for view on the dashboard. Anyone else??
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411928255.833937.jpg

Edit: did a hard reset and the app works again.

Last edited:

prss14

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2009
Kentucky
My whole health app has lost all data after working the last few days. I customized it and had everything I wanted and linked to MFP. Suddenly it has gone completely blank and doesn't even have the tabs I selected for view on the dashboard. Anyone else??
View attachment 498310

Edit: did a hard reset and the app works again.
Same thing happened to me. Everything gone. The sleep is what bothers me the most as I had to manually input that info. Don't remember any of that. The rest is still in MFP. Same for my wife as well.

Dokk

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2010
IA, TX ... I never know
Yup -- it keeps disappearing for me, too. The M8 processor is collecting the data and MFT is accessing it, but it's just not displaying in the Heath App. Even after a reboot of the app and phone, it still doesn't show consistently.

leon44

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
I find this app really awkward to use, it's not intuitive at all.

For some reason you have the option to view/delete every data point recorded by the M8/M7 and yet apparently not the option to choose between Km/Miles

I know it works with other apps to display the data they collect but I feel it's overloaded with trees of menus that we never needed to see

anyone feel the same way or is it just me?

Edit: just to be on topic, I wondered the exact same thing about whether calorie data would be infered from M7/8 or not, cos mine doesn't seem to be so far

Last edited:

matthewadams

macrumors regular
Dec 6, 2012
Just checked the dietary calories for the past few days in HealthApp only to find that they were all gone except the ones entered today. Been using MyFitnessPal, anyone with the same issue?

sixxmum

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2010
Just checked the dietary calories for the past few days in HealthApp only to find that they were all gone except the ones entered today. Been using MyFitnessPal, anyone with the same issue?
All of my entries from MFP, and all of the items on my dashboard, are gone today, and I can't seem to even re-add them. So... yep. Hard reboot added them, but I suspect I won't bother with that again, since MyFitnessPal doesn't write workout data to it anyway.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.