health app

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by stock28, Sep 28, 2014.

1. stock28 macrumors member

IPhone 6 health app tracks steps and distance accurately. I enabled the calories counter but it shows no data. Is it suppose to estimate this on is own or is a third party app needed to gather data?

2. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

No and yes.

3. stickybuns macrumors 6502

I have My Fitness Pal linked, and I have the Calorie button activated for sharing but nothing seems to be happening.

4. antiprotest macrumors 65816

antiprotest

Same. It's not working.

5. Ries macrumors 68000

6. epphllps, Sep 28, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2014

epphllps macrumors 6502

health app

My whole health app has lost all data after working the last few days. I customized it and had everything I wanted and linked to MFP. Suddenly it has gone completely blank and doesn't even have the tabs I selected for view on the dashboard. Anyone else??
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411928255.833937.jpg

Edit: did a hard reset and the app works again.

7. prss14 macrumors regular

prss14

Same thing happened to me. Everything gone. The sleep is what bothers me the most as I had to manually input that info. Don't remember any of that. The rest is still in MFP. Same for my wife as well.

8. Dokk macrumors regular

Yup -- it keeps disappearing for me, too. The M8 processor is collecting the data and MFT is accessing it, but it's just not displaying in the Heath App. Even after a reboot of the app and phone, it still doesn't show consistently.

9. sixxmum macrumors 6502a

sixxmum

Mine has been fine and today everything disappeared. Oy.

10. leon44, Sep 29, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2014

leon44 macrumors 6502

leon44

I find this app really awkward to use, it's not intuitive at all.

For some reason you have the option to view/delete every data point recorded by the M8/M7 and yet apparently not the option to choose between Km/Miles

I know it works with other apps to display the data they collect but I feel it's overloaded with trees of menus that we never needed to see

anyone feel the same way or is it just me?

Edit: just to be on topic, I wondered the exact same thing about whether calorie data would be infered from M7/8 or not, cos mine doesn't seem to be so far

11. matthewadams macrumors regular

Just checked the dietary calories for the past few days in HealthApp only to find that they were all gone except the ones entered today. Been using MyFitnessPal, anyone with the same issue?

12. sixxmum, Sep 29, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2014

sixxmum macrumors 6502a

sixxmum

All of my entries from MFP, and all of the items on my dashboard, are gone today, and I can't seem to even re-add them. So... yep. Hard reboot added them, but I suspect I won't bother with that again, since MyFitnessPal doesn't write workout data to it anyway.