Health Application

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by mikemike690, Jun 24, 2014.

1. mikemike690 macrumors regular

mikemike690

Do you guys think that the iOS 8 Health app has only a heart on it due to them announcing a product later in the year? Perhaps an iWatch? Because it seems a little bland for Apple to just have a Heart in the top right corner of an icon.

Thanks for your opinions.

2. mrchrisbee macrumors newbie

Possibly, as the rumours tell it will have 10 sensors of which one being a pulse sensor so they may do a big focus around that.

But then again the heart is a widely recognised simbol linked to health so who knows.

3. i0Nic macrumors 65816

No.

4. chrf097 macrumors 68040

chrf097

Maybe because it represents a heart rate which is a staple thing for human health?

Don't over-analyze everything. Apple isn't Google - they don't drop hints like that.

5. Yakibomb macrumors 6502

Yakibomb

I really don't think the icon of this app is foreshadowing a potential iWatch release. The presence of the app itself is much more of a sign

6. BillyMatt87 macrumors 6502a

The Health app icon looks way too half-assed. It seems that they didn't even bother to complete the design for it. The HealthBook icon/app would've been a lot nicer.

7. Jr. Pac macrumors member

It's Apple with Jony Ive. Where things can go a little too simple.

8. Yakibomb macrumors 6502

Yakibomb

I love Ive's more minimalistic design approach. Our lives are already cluttered and crowed with unnecessarily complex design, it's nice to be able to catch a break here and there.

9. Osullivan1 macrumors 6502

I'm pretty sure the reason they didn't go with the Passbook style icon/UI is because people would get them both confused, despite them both having different purposes.

Plus, as much as I love the Passbook + Reminders UI's, they're not the most user friendly apps, especially considering that even people who don't have a clue about tech have iPhone's now.

10. BillyMatt87 macrumors 6502a

The UI is fine (as fine as it could be in iOS) but the icon looks like they didn't even bother to finish it. They should've at least put the heart symbol dead center instead of the upper right hand corner and made larger instead of wasting white space. The Safari icon is no longer the ugliest iOS icon.

11. illusionmist macrumors member

Personally, I still would rather have the originally proposed "Healthbook" design and name. Looked much better and I figured would've made much more sense to me, but no one will ever know why they ditched it though.

PS. In case you missed it, I'm referring to the mockups leaked and recreated by 9to5Mac some time ago, which, by comparing the icons in the final app, and existing "com.apple.Healthbook" trails left behind in current iOS 8 build, might just be the real deal.

12. BillyMatt87 macrumors 6502a

Minimalism design: Great for hardware, terrible for software

13. crashoverride77 macrumors 65816

Wrong. Minimalism design great for software and hardware.
    Complex design bad for hardware and terrible for software and thus the consumer. Otherwise windows 8 would be the highest acclaimed os out there. But I guess your quote sounds good on paper.

14. chabig macrumors 68040

It would have made more sense if they put a picture of a liver. ;)

15. marvz macrumors 6502a

marvz

The position is intended. It's on the upper right hand because this is the place where a human heart is.. if you think about it ;)