Searching through the forum I have seen a number of people say that they're holding out for Skylake, which hopefully will be introduced in a MBP upgrade later this year. I am one of those people currently holding out on upgrading my late 2008 Macbook (aluminum). But I'm starting to wonder if I can continue to hold out. My Macbook is over 6 years old (bought in May 2009), and slowly starting to show signs of end of life even though I replaced both the hard drive and RAM within the last year or so. So my question is this. Is there some sort of health checkup (or diagnostic) I can perform to tell how healthy my computer is? I don't want to wait until the computer doesn't work before having to upgrade. On the other hand, I don't want to upgrade too early (i.e. before Skylake) if I don't have to. Thoughts?