Health concerns re: Apple's glossy screens

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Canuckistan, Jun 16, 2009.

1. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

How is this any different then any other laptop that uses glossy screens? I think the majority of laptops now use glossy.

I think its common sense that you need to ensure you have good posture and position to avoid issues, regardless of what computer you use.

2. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

Oh Please. It's not like Apple is intentionally "damaging or changing the posture" of it's consumers. I thought this was going to be something like the material was poisonous or something.

3. iShater macrumors 604

iShater

That's why most business laptops don't use glossy.

4. uv23 macrumors 6502

Laptops are a funny thing. Whether you use a glossy screen or not, the viewing position is terrible for the neck and shoulders, yet everyone wants one (myself included). The best solution is to use an external display most of the time, especially during prolonged usage, and use the laptop screen when on the road.

5. spaceboots06 macrumors 6502a

spaceboots06

You are exactly wrong. Apple is trying to damage our posture. Next year they're releasing the "iComfy Chair" which helps your posture. So it makes sense that they're trying to damage our posture as of right now so they can sell many chairs in the near future.