Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hennibert

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 1, 2022
Good morning,

has anyone noticed anything in the Health?

The following situation:

The logging of Health data is disabled. Under Settings - Health - Devices, no Health entry is displayed. As it should be.

If you now start the Fitness app once, the iPhone suddenly collects data even though logging is deactivated. Only the resting energy data always appears.

After deleting the data, there is brief silence...after a while, new data is available again.

Deactivating the logging does not seem to work 100%.

In addition to my 14pro, I was able to do this on a 12mini and 13.

Hennibert

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 1, 2022
Here is an update on the health problem:

I have a strange behaviour on my iPhone (14pro, iOS 16.0.2).
I don't use Health or Watch, so I've disabled Health in iCloud and turned off logging on the iPhone. So far so good.

Nevertheless, the alleged resting energy is recorded here in Health. I am also supposedly doing something at night, although the device is on the MagSafe and nothing happens. If I delete the data in the Health app, then at some point the current data is available again.

Also, the iPhone (only with 14Pro) is shown to me as a Watch in the icon. But that's probably a bug at the moment.

I tried to recreate the situation once.

I tested three devices:

1. iPhone 14Pro 16.0.2 (my iCloud account)
2. iPhone 12 Mini 16.1 Beta 4 (my company account) without Health or Fitness APP
3. iPhone XR 16.0.2 (brand new ID)

The 14Pro and XR have also been completely re-set up to test it.

Same behaviour on all devices.

All devices display more or less the same. Always one entry every 2 hours and the entry is always from the day before. Mobile data from Health and Fitness are also consumed, although the use of mobile data is prohibited by a switch.

Has anyone else made these observations?

1.png

2.png
3.png

Reactions: Fred Zed

Fred Zed

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2019
Florida Unfortunately
Here is an update on the health problem:

I have a strange behaviour on my iPhone (14pro, iOS 16.0.2).
I don't use Health or Watch, so I've disabled Health in iCloud and turned off logging on the iPhone. So far so good.

Nevertheless, the alleged resting energy is recorded here in Health. I am also supposedly doing something at night, although the device is on the MagSafe and nothing happens. If I delete the data in the Health app, then at some point the current data is available again.

Also, the iPhone (only with 14Pro) is shown to me as a Watch in the icon. But that's probably a bug at the moment.

I tried to recreate the situation once.

I tested three devices:

1. iPhone 14Pro 16.0.2 (my iCloud account)
2. iPhone 12 Mini 16.1 Beta 4 (my company account) without Health or Fitness APP
3. iPhone XR 16.0.2 (brand new ID)

The 14Pro and XR have also been completely re-set up to test it.

Same behaviour on all devices.

All devices display more or less the same. Always one entry every 2 hours and the entry is always from the day before. Mobile data from Health and Fitness are also consumed, although the use of mobile data is prohibited by a switch.

Has anyone else made these observations?

View attachment 2089255

View attachment 2089256 View attachment 2089257
Just came across your post and looking for same answers. How do I prevent health data being logged. I even deleted the Health app and also removed Health logging from syncing in iCloud.

Hennibert

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 1, 2022
So I have no more idea what the problem could be. Every 2 hours the rest energy is entered and then also with the wrong icon.

This is totally crazy. Every sync including health in icloud is disabled. Health app and fitness app are not configured...pure garnix should record. But unfortunately it does.

I am also confused by the times. Halt sogut like every 2 hours. But then the data from the previous day are always entered.

On the net I can also just find nothing.

Normal reset has brought nothing. Last Friday I had reset the 14Pro via DFU, without backup. But nothing has changed in the behavior.

On the 12 Mini with its own iCloud account and also without Sync, uninstalled Health and uninstalled Fitness App it is the same. The resting energy is also recorded every 2 hours and entered from the previous day.

A Watch was also never connected. Totally crazy.

IMG_0004.PNG

IMG_0005.PNG

Fred Zed

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2019
Florida Unfortunately
So I have no more idea what the problem could be. Every 2 hours the rest energy is entered and then also with the wrong icon.

This is totally crazy. Every sync including health in icloud is disabled. Health app and fitness app are not configured...pure garnix should record. But unfortunately it does.

I am also confused by the times. Halt sogut like every 2 hours. But then the data from the previous day are always entered.

On the net I can also just find nothing.

Normal reset has brought nothing. Last Friday I had reset the 14Pro via DFU, without backup. But nothing has changed in the behavior.

On the 12 Mini with its own iCloud account and also without Sync, uninstalled Health and uninstalled Fitness App it is the same. The resting energy is also recorded every 2 hours and entered from the previous day.

A Watch was also never connected. Totally crazy.

View attachment 2096346

View attachment 2096347
Yep. Same here.

humpbacktwale

macrumors regular
Dec 20, 2019
I take it it still generates these logs several times a day on your devices, despite all health settings having been disabled?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.