Health running/walking distance not accurate?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by matttye, Sep 27, 2014.

1. matttye macrumors 601

I ran a 5k race yesterday and the health app says I ran/walked just under 0.15km during the entire day yesterday. Given the amount of walking I did as well that should be 7+ at least.

I don't expect it to be spot on but that's pretty damn poor. Is it the same for everyone else?

2. MacFinnley macrumors 6502

MacFinnley

Works fine for me. I walked through the city the whole day and Health shows me 13k steps/8,9km walking distance. Seems legit.

3. sakau2007 macrumors 6502

it won't ever be accurate for me just because so often when i am at my desk and walk to get coffee or at home i don't have my phone in my pocket. the only way i would be able to get accurate health data is from some type of wearable device like a band or watch. looking forward to getting a good product that can export the data into iOS8 though.

i really liked nike's fuel bad but that is being discontinued.

4. matttye thread starter macrumors 601

Health running/walking distance not accurate?

It's odd because it seemed fine before I updated to 8.0.1 (on 8.0.2 now but haven't tried it yet today).

Edit: it says I've walked 0.23km today when all I've done is walk downstairs, so it's going the other way now...overestimating

5. Makale.Helvetia macrumors 6502a

Makale.Helvetia

they'll fix all the bugs in future updates..that's just a debut..and it's normal to be buggy

6. matttye thread starter macrumors 601

Considering maps is still crap I'm not so sure they'll fix it in a future update...