HealthKit & iOS 8.0.2

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by NightFox, Sep 26, 2014.

1. NightFox macrumors 68000

NightFox

I guess now Apple has released iOS 8.0.2 which fixes the HealthKit bug, we should now finally see the release of third party apps offering integration with it. However, there's one thing I don't understand - if the bug with HealthKit on iOS 8.0.0 related to a security/privacy issue, surely that issue will still remain for users who haven't upgraded to 8.0.2? (And given the current issues with iOS updates I think that's going to be a lot of people!)

2. Julien, Sep 26, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2014

Julien macrumors G3

Julien

We don't know specifically what the bug was. It may have been that Apps will not even connect (or transfer data) to HealthKit. Also Apps compatible with HealthKit may not be compatible with 8.0.

See the [Wiki] iOS 8 HealthKit Enabled Apps Megathread thread.

3. TheChallinor macrumors member

Health Data

I've been working with Apple since Monday on this,

HEALTH DATA IS NOT CURRENTLY STORED ON ICLOUD, IF YOU RESTORE BACK FROM THAT YOU WILL LOOSE ALL YOUR HEALTH DATA.

Working with a senior iOS engineer, waiting on a update from their team on this matter.

4. matthewadams macrumors regular

Healthkit in 8.0.2 does not display the steps recorded pre-update. However they are in there (in the data-list) and all other recordings are being displayed correctly in the graphic. Also all post-update steps are being rendered correctly.

Anyone else?

5. GlideStar macrumors newbie

Others seem to be having the same issue but it's not universal.

I updated my 6+ a few hours ago and all the data remains displayed as before.

6. vtstarck macrumors regular

My data before the update is displaying. Data after the update is being recorded but not showing up.

7. CaptMarvel macrumors 65816

CaptMarvel

Same here. On my dashboard I have Steps and Walking + Running Distance. They are both updating but not showing the updates in the chart. I did however notice that if you manually add data then delete it in the Steps category it will update and show them on the chart as it normally should.

Still wondering why they aren't self updating though via chart visualization.

8. modnar macrumors member

My pre-8.0.2 steps data is in the raw data but not showing in the charts in Health. It shows up in other apps.

The Source for pre-8.0.2 data is listed as "Health" while the source for steps in 8.0.2 is listed as "iPhone."

9. Stuke00 macrumors 68000

Most likely the apps being approved will require iOS 8.0.2 to install.

10. Vegasryn macrumors 6502

I don't think it should That should be considered part of your biometrics (like touch ID) and it's not stored either in iCloud

11. flashflooder macrumors regular

If that's their reasoning, I think it's a little bit silly. I don't care if someone hacks into my iCloud account and finds out how many miles I walked last week...

12. Stuke00 macrumors 68000

Maybe you don't. It tracks where you walked too.

13. jkpark78 macrumors newbie

Same here. Since the update,no update on the dashboard in terms of steps.

14. zemaker macrumors regular

Odd, since the update on my iPhone 6 my data is still present on the dashboards.

15. jkpark78 macrumors newbie

I have the old data. It's just not showing the new data since the update.

16. Toltepeceno Suspended

Toltepeceno

I know for certain you lose Medical ID information, that's all I have in mine and it's gone if you restore.

17. flashflooder macrumors regular

How do you know this?

18. Toltepeceno Suspended

Toltepeceno

I think if you have to fill out the medical id info every time you restore there will be people like me that just quit doing it. Especially if restoring several times to try and fix problems.

There needs to be some kind of manual backup so people have a choice.....but then that's not apple's way.

19. jkpark78 macrumors newbie

Fixed the steps issue. Resetted the phone twice and went through privacy settings and went back to healthkit and then readjusted the priority for iPhone vs healthkit and now it works. Strange.

20. TheChallinor macrumors member

This will be address in a update so its stored in iCloud as this is the most popular option when backing up / restoring iOS devices

----------

Not sure if tracks location as well, thought it was just distance.

----------

Yer, it's very stupid. Will update when I'm updated from Apple.

21. CaptMarvel macrumors 65816

CaptMarvel

I wonder if the data not populating in their respective charts will mean 8.0.3 on the horizon?

22. PN4 macrumors member

How do I "readjust the priority"? I'm having the same issue with steps from the last week not showing.

23. CaptMarvel macrumors 65816

CaptMarvel

Access the Health app then tap on the dashboard, then tap share data, then tap edit, and drag your phone to the top of the priority list.

24. PN4 macrumors member

Thanks! This solved the issue - though the phone was already at the top, I had to drag 'health' to the top.

25. Willy K. macrumors newbie

Yes! Fixed it for me too. All my steps data was missing, but had not been erased (it was in the history). All other data was fine. Swapping the order of the priority for "sharing", and then back again, fixed the issue with the graph display.

Thanks CaptMarvel. I knew I'd seen that priority thing when originally exploring, but had forgotten it was buried under the sharing screen.