HealthKit on iPad?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Julien, Sep 17, 2014.

1. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Just got installed on my iPad Air and waiting for my 5S. There is no HealthKit App on my iPad. Is this iPhone only and if so why no iPad App (as if anyone could say)?

2. wylhkg macrumors newbie

3. macenied macrumors 6502a

macenied

Health kit has been installed with iOS 8 on my iPhone (5) only, not on my iPad (4) - FYI

4. sixxmum macrumors 6502a

sixxmum

From what I read, it's not on iPad right now (like Passbook). It's an odd choice for a program that is not just for during exercise, but also for tracking health data, which you might do from your desk or the couch.

5. gpspad macrumors 6502

Seems like there are apps made by gamin and polar that make use of an iPad screen. Those apps track things like where you ran, speed over time, chart your heart rate over time, ect....

Plenty of instances where you would want a bigger screen, no ipad version for health book is odd.

6. Scotth48 macrumors member

I have no health kit or passbook on my iPad air after the update

7. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

Health, nor Passbook are on iPad. Passbook was not on the iPad even in iOS 7.

8. Richardgm macrumors 6502a

Richardgm

Where are you guys getting your information? Where in the world did anyone tell you Health (and Passbook) were iPad apps?

9. TheWheelMan macrumors 6502a

TheWheelMan

[QUOTE=Richardgm;19758641]Where are you guys getting your information? Where in the world did anyone tell you Health (and Passbook) were iPad apps?[/QUOTE]

Where did anyone say that they thought that they were ipad apps? People merely are saying that they had hoped that they would be, and wondering why they are not.

10. macenied macrumors 6502a

macenied

There is ZERO reason why not every app on an iPhone should not be on the iPad as well ( ok, Telephone app on a Wifi only iPad ? ). According to Apple also calculator is not an iPad app :mad:

11. bige12 macrumors 6502

bige12

the iPads do have the right chips the M7/ chip like the iPhone 5s has and the M8 the new iphone 6 & plus have that is why you do not see the health app on the ipad,

12. oldmacs macrumors 68040

It would be nice if my health data could sync to the iPad though, and the Mac so I can monitor it on my iPad as well.

13. Julien thread starter macrumors G3

Julien

Actually the iPad's DO have the M7/8 coprocessor chips. However I (and I believe I'm speaking for others too) want Health on the iPad to monitor/display info and NOT to record.