Hear me out//Expression media 2 + lost photo's

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Markf11, Jun 14, 2008.

1. Markf11 macrumors member

I went to New York. took some snazzy snaps, but then lost them due to a problem i posted about a long time ago (i'm sure if you looked up my username you'd see the post)

i had to do a clean install, before i did that i frantically tried to send over the pictures to an external hard drive via firewire mode to my friends imac
    As far as i can tell, they didn't send, my OS was too scrambled for some reason (apple couldn't wouldn't touch it either)

However, before the losing of data, i had catalogued them in Windows Expression media 2.
    Loading up that same "ivc" file, it has full thumbnails of my beloved (and missed) photo's

figuratively speaking, could i get the photo's back through the data saved in this program?
    when i click on the thumbnails, they are precisely that, thumbnails, but is there not a little line of code i could somehow use to "bring back from the dead" my pictures?
    Also on the HD there are restore log's...could i get them back from that? it's only about 180 mb of pictures...

someone help. i had given up hope, but now i have my hopes up again :(

2. dsayed macrumors newbie

Sorry Mark - they're just that: thumbnails.