Heard a funny thing today...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tiptopp, Aug 2, 2010.

1. tiptopp macrumors regular

tiptopp

I was in an O2 store at lunchtime today, looking for cases and screen protectors, and was standing near a sales person selling a phone to someone. He asked a question about the problems with iP4 reception. Her response?

"Well, Apple are arranging to send cases to everyone who's bought an iPhone 4, and they've put signal boosters in them all. I don't know the details, but that's what they're doing".

I made sure he wasn't buying an iPhone before I laughed (almost OL) and walked straight out...

TT

2. LordOBoogie macrumors 6502a

LordOBoogie

Signal boosters? Oh, dear.

3. saxon48 macrumors 6502a

saxon48

4. samcraig macrumors P6

5. fishmoose macrumors 68000

6. fsck-y dingo macrumors 65816

fsck-y dingo

LOL!! :D

7. tyranical macrumors regular

8. malevolant macrumors 6502

9. darngooddesign macrumors G3

O2 store, not Apple store.

10. highres macrumors 6502a

highres

Suhweet! Where can I get one of those "signal boosting bumpers"!

11. malevolant macrumors 6502

Woops! I hate stupid me... :)

12. tiptopp thread starter macrumors regular

tiptopp

I know you've already been corrected, but...

I love Genius'. They've fixed my Macbook (for free, in the end, because they took four attempts), and my iMac (power supply went), and got me a replacement 3g when I 'washed' my old one. When I was in THERE the other day, I also saw them giving away a new mouse and a magic trackpad to someone who was complaining about their new MB Pro.

Our local store (Norwich) is great - won't have a bad word said about them!

Cheers,

TT

13. ToroidalZeus macrumors 68020

ToroidalZeus

I think you guys may have missed the real problem here, the OP.

14. Irish Rose macrumors 65816

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

Lol, that would be a first. :D

15. Broph macrumors 6502

Broph

I went to a Vodafone store here, asked the lady there (was a bit of a blonde bimbo) about the iPhone 4 (this was about a week before launch in NZ [already been released in America etc]) and she said 'No, they're not selling one this year'
    I said 'Are you sure?'
    she said 'Yep no they were having manufacturing difficulties so they decided to hold it off until next year, if you want an iPhone though we have the 3Gs and you can sign a 12 month contract'...
    I said 'No thanks...' Got her card though... and her personal slogan is 'The sky is the limited'....

'Limited' has nothing to do with the company slogan/name or anything.

Friend told me of a story as well of that SAME girl... My friend's brother went to buy an iPhone 3Gs and she was talking to him about all these other phones EXCEPT the 3Gs...

So yes, I agree with the requirement to have a license to work in sales...

16. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

You could have done the world a favor and corrected the misinformed potential customer in front of the idiotic salesperson.

17. tiptopp thread starter macrumors regular

tiptopp

Yes...

Yes, yes, yes. I didn't actively make sure he didn't buy one - I simply looked at the phone on the table in front of them to see what it was (or rather, wasn't).

And yes again. I really should have done. Although I loath O2 (and have therefore just left them after several serious rows), and would happily have made her look as silly as she sounded, I'm not good at interrupting people I don't know, and was in a rush, having visited multiple branches of every network and reseller which stock the iP4, looking at cases and protectors, and needed to get back to work.

Since I read these responses a few hours ago, though, I'm more and more tempted to go back to the store today and tell them. It's not that I want to be helpful to O2, but I guess I sort of owe it to future iP4 owners...

Cheers,

TT

18. BlondeBuddhist macrumors 6502a

BlondeBuddhist

That Genius should go work for Cash for Gold organization.

Sounds like same sort of hustler.

Blonde Buddhist

19. kernkraft macrumors 68020

kernkraft

There is. It's called 'over 16'. Provided that they can legally work full-time, everybody qualifies.

20. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

Probably a car sales person in their previous job, amazing why people do this, then when the public has been misinformed everyone goes crazy. People really need to research what they hear before making assumptions.

I was at a Toyota dealer two weeks ago, I asked a salesman why did they get rid of the V8 on the 4-Runner, he said no need for a V8 they have a V6 and 4 Cylinder engine in the truck now, I said really, are you sure, he said yes he has sold a few.

After doing some research Toyota only offers a V6 in their 4X4 models and a 4 Cylinder in their 2WD models, no where does it state there are both engines. Man I would like to go back and school him, but I am sure his sales numbers are pretty low.

21. koilvr macrumors 6502

koilvr

You miss understood him what he ment was that they come with a v6 or 4 depends on what you want thou. he kept it short and simple.

22. macpro2000 macrumors 6502a

Usually the AppleStore people are pretty well versed...however most don't know as much as all of us do! :)