Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

augustya

Suspended
Original poster
Feb 17, 2012
Hi Guys,

I wanted to ask you guys if this is the case of the much talked about firmware issue that everyone is saying has spoiled the ANC feature on the Airpods Pro.

So this is the first time I got to listen to the Airpods Pro and this was on someone else's APP but when I inserted the APP in my ear there was some noise isolation because of the tight and in-ear seal. But when the guy switched on Active Noise Cancellation mode frankly speaking I could not find any difference between the first time when he inserted it, when the ANC was off and then again when he turned it on. Infact I could also not find any difference between ANC and transparency mode ! is this all because of the F****d up firmware version which has spoiled it which everyone here is complaining about ?? Why did I not feel the so much loved Active Noise Cancellation feature people were raving about when it first came out ?

SkiHound2

macrumors 6502
Jul 15, 2018
I can't speak to the firmware issue. I certainly notice a huge difference between transparency mode and ANC model. I've usually been using transparency mode when working. I can hear my wife if she talks to me, the dogs, anything going on in the house. With ANC on my wife get's irritated with me because I don't hear her, etc.

zhenya

macrumors 604
Jan 6, 2005
Not normal. Transparency mode should actually amplify your surroundings. The difference between that and ANC is huge. Difference between ANC and Off can be less-so, depending on the ambient noise. All ANC is virtually useless at canceling voices, for example. Still, huge difference even in my office compared with Off.

Reactions: Glockworkorange

augustya

Suspended
Original poster
Feb 17, 2012
Would it not be the case, that because of the Much asked about Firmware spoiler that Apple has released is creating this no distinction between ANC and ANC off !! That is what I was trying to confirm here.

zhenya

macrumors 604
Jan 6, 2005
Mine are on the pulled 2C54. Noise cancelling may be slightly worse than before, but still very effective, especially as compared to transparency mode which amplifies your surroundings. I don't have any issues other than the possibility of slightly worse NC - but I can't be sure even of that.

icloudUser

macrumors regular
May 20, 2019
2C54 on mine. ANC and Transparency work with very a noticeable difference. As somebody else also said i also wear in Transparency mode during work hours and its like an hearing aid.
I haven't noticed any reduction in ANC since the upgrade.

augustya

Suspended
Original poster
Feb 17, 2012
Hoping now the new stock that comes out of Vietnam will have an improved hardware and Firmware to not to let these issues feel !

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.