Heart Rate and Workout app : Beta 3

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by acctman, Jul 9, 2015.

1. acctman macrumors 6502a

acctman

Anyone noticed that the heart rate is not measuring when using the Workout app. I select Others but it just says Measuring --- and never shows a heart rate. Also the heart monitoring light does not come on either.

Can anyone confirm, if so I will submit as a bug to Apple.

2. ivandr macrumors regular

No, your watch should be measuring (sometimes when it looses pulse I find it can take a while to get back to reading it) but as soon as I start any activity in the workout app the green LEDs on the back of the watch turn on (they even remain on when you pause a workout activity).

If your watch isn't doing that, then you may have some hardware issues with your device... perhaps reach out to AppleCare?

3. Suture macrumors 6502a

Suture

I used mine yesterday with a personal trainer (using Other) -- showed my HR the entire time. It does sometimes take a moment to show it once you first request the HR screen, but other than that it was fine. I noticed after when I jumped on the treadmill, that it was within 2 or 3 heartbeats of the treadmill.

4. acctman thread starter macrumors 6502a

acctman

are you both running Beta 3 ... I went over to the official Apple Developers forum and a few people have posted about this.

5. Watabou macrumors 68040

Watabou

Yeah I submitted a radar about it. For me, the issue is just that the heart rate monitor does not display the heart rate during workout. But if I check the Health app after my workout, it shows the heart rate data collected during the workout, and the workout summary screen shows the average heart rate.

So it's collecting heart rate information, just not showing it.

6. tearsen macrumors newbie

My experience is exactly the same: measuring but not displaying...

7. Suture macrumors 6502a

Suture

I'm on vanilla Watch OS, whatever the latest version is.

8. tonyau, Jul 12, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2015

tonyau macrumors member

tonyau

I have the same problem.

Once I select an activity and start the green lights come on for a bit then switch off. No average hear rate is recorded in the workout app. If I measure the hr from glances (even when I am in the activity) it works fine.