Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MKOK

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 29, 2023
Hello! I´m looking for a new smartwatch and it is between Garmin and Apple. One important feature is heart rate based HIIT workout. I have tried to find out is that possible with Apple Watch. Can I use a Apple Watch to do a HIIT workout where the watch takes a one-minute break when my heart rate reaches certain level (f.e. 150 bpm)?

DontGetTheCheese

macrumors 6502
Nov 22, 2015
Hello! I´m looking for a new smartwatch and it is between Garmin and Apple. One important feature is heart rate based HIIT workout. I have tried to find out is that possible with Apple Watch. Can I use a Apple Watch to do a HIIT workout where the watch takes a one-minute break when my heart rate reaches certain level (f.e. 150 bpm)?
I was able to set that scenario up in the WorkOutDoors app. I'm sure there are other apps that can do it but this one is a personal favorite.

MKOK

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 29, 2023
I was able to set that scenario up in the WorkOutDoors app. I'm sure there are other apps that can do it but this one is a personal favorite.

I choose AW and got WorkOutDoors app. It was so versatile that learning curve was almost painful. Had to give up my manhood and watch couple of tutorials and how-to videos. But after I got hang of using app, it was more than I ever could imagine. Now I can create different scenarios even for circuit training, f.e. heart rate limit for rope jumping and time for push-ups and I got notifications to my headphones.

Thank you for your effort to testing it and share that information! 🤝

Reactions: cfc
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.