Heart rate detection: real time or lagged?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by fewlio, Sep 13, 2014.

1. fewlio macrumors member

for archery and competition target shooting, its desirable to shoot between your heartbeats for significantly increased accuracy at long ranges.

could the apple watch give real time haptic feedback of ones heartbeat that would be usable for competitors, or would it be lagged/out of sync with what your heart is actually doing at the moment and thus useless?

2. FatMax macrumors 6502

FatMax

I can't imagine it being lagged, cause it is "connected" to your skin through the back. It would be like every normal connected monitor I presume.

3. saskateam macrumors newbie

Never thought about it for shooting, and I love it. Even when hunting, better understanding of your body is a real great feature. Give you something else to focus on.

4. C64 macrumors 65816

C64

So the idea is to send yourself your heartbeat and then shoot between the beats your feel on your wrist? Because you can't really look at your watch while shooting. Assuming you want to hit something specific :D

5. FatMax macrumors 6502

FatMax

The Taptic engine can provide your heartbeat to you without you looking at the screen..

6. C64 macrumors 65816

C64

Is that an option in the health app or do you need to add yourself as a contact to send yourself the heartbeat (seems weird)?

7. FatMax macrumors 6502

FatMax

It's an option. I believe it was mentioned in the keynote!

8. wesk702 macrumors 68000

wesk702

Realtime. There's a lot of hr monitors out there that do realtime and are far more archaic.