Heart Rate Every 10 Minutes

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by papbot, Sep 22, 2015.

1. papbot macrumors 6502

I apologize if this was already commented on but in checking the Health app on my phone I now see that the watch is recording my heart rate every 10 minutes regardless of activity. I know many complained of that function being disabled with 1.0.1. It was not a problem for me and I was happy with it recording while I was at rest or during exercise activities. I just hope that the return to every 10 minutes does not negatively impact battery life.

2. Zcott macrumors 68020

Yep, it's been active since the later betas I think, and was in the GM. No noticeable change in battery life in my experience.

3. papbot thread starter macrumors 6502

That's good. My wife's battery life on her 38 has been tricky as it is.

4. maleficent86 macrumors regular

maleficent86

I don't know about os2 but in os1 you had the option to change it by going to settings>Workout>Power Saving mode.

5. PilotC150 macrumors member

Not only that, but now (presumably with iOS9), when you click "Show All Data", it first groups it by day, then you can click into a day to see the more raw data. Prior to that it was almost not possible to view step or heart rate data because there was so much of it, it would never load on screen.

6. Zcott macrumors 68020

Should add I've a 38 as well.