Heart Rate Reading While Cycling

Telp

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 6, 2007
I have gone on a couple bike rides since I got my Watch and every time, I have incomplete heart rate readings. For those of you who use your Watch while bicycling, do you have any issues collecting heart rate information, or if not, do you where your watch any differently than usual?

keeper

macrumors 6502
Apr 23, 2008
No mine is fine just ensure the watch is tight on the wrist, the other option is to get something like a Polar monitor strap which will pair on Bluetooth.

newellj

macrumors 604
Oct 15, 2014
East of Eden
No mine is fine just ensure the watch is tight on the wrist, the other option is to get something like a Polar monitor strap which will pair on Bluetooth.
Echo this. I did have one ride that recorded almost no data, but otherwise it's been great.

co1f

macrumors regular
Oct 14, 2014
I have gone on a couple bike rides since I got my Watch and every time, I have incomplete heart rate readings. For those of you who use your Watch while bicycling, do you have any issues collecting heart rate information, or if not, do you where your watch any differently than usual?
Turn off workout power saving mode?

Telp

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 6, 2007
Power saving mode is off. I'll make sure it's a snug fit next time and ensure that it's collecting data before the end of the ride. Thanks for the input y'all !

PinkyMacGodess

macrumors 601
Mar 7, 2007
Midwest America.
Power saving mode is off. I'll make sure it's a snug fit next time and ensure that it's collecting data before the end of the ride. Thanks for the input y'all !
I synch down another hole in the sport band. But I also have a Garmin Edge and use their HRM strap so it goes to Strava. The Watch data just does to Health app.