Heart Rate Results

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Neo1975, Aug 17, 2015.

1. Neo1975 macrumors regular

I have an annoying issue with my Watch.

I am running OS 2 Beta 5, I think. The latest OS 2 Beta anyhow.

When I track a walk I get an average heart rate. When I run or play football with my watch I don't get an average on the activity app.

I wear my watch very snug so that isn't the issue. During my hour of football tonight, there are heart rate results in the activity app very 10 mins at least.

So if there are many results over the tracked hour, why does no average appear ?

Should I just be patient and put it down to Beta software ? Does anyone get average heart rate results from runs ?

Attached Files:

2. Julien, Aug 17, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2015

Julien macrumors G3

Julien

So you were running the Workout app (Other???) and in Health you only see 1 sample every 10 minutes? When using the Activity app you should be getting 10 to 15 samples per minute.

EDIT: I see you are getting samples.

It is very likely a beta problem. Are you also running iOS9. I had this happen on a run Saturday too. I'm NOT running wOS2 but am running iOS9.

3. Neo1975 thread starter macrumors regular

Yes the normal Workout App on the watch.

I have looked again and I am getting around 4 - 5 readings each minute.

Is this just me ? Watch not tight enough ? I could only handle one notch tighter.

Yes, I am running iOS 9. Did you get averages during runs ?

4. Julien, Aug 17, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2015

Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Reread my edited post. I have about 90 runs and cardio activities (about as many weight training too) and I had it happen to me just Saturday. However it was correct (and accurate for run) on my weight training and run today. Could just be a 1 off occurrence or beta related.

If beta related then that is the 'price' you pay for testing.

5. BlueMoon63 macrumors 68000

I have the beta for both iOS 9 and os2 beta 5 and always use workout other whenever I workout. I check my heart rate data from my workout this morning and it had 12 readings every minute.

I wear my watch with the sport band during workouts and go one notch tighter and a half inch further up my arm.

6. BlueMoon63 macrumors 68000

When you played football, I take it you didn't use the workout app and other for a choice? If you don't pick a workout, it won't track your average heart rate. At least that makes sense to me and it would default to every ten minutes if your arms aren't moving.

You do have to pick a workout and track to get an average.

7. Neo1975 thread starter macrumors regular

I choose Outdoor Run when I play football. Maybe I will try Other as an option next time.