Heart rating in Apple music

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by lonman06, Jul 1, 2015.

1. lonman06 macrumors regular

I'm hoping someone can help clarify. Back with the old music app there used to be 1-5 starts now when playing a song all I see is a heart. I'm assuming climaxing the heart means this is a song I really like? There is also this option for an entire album at the top when playing an album. Does clicking either of this hearts just help Apple music tailor better songs for me as well?

2. davehutch macrumors 6502a

davehutch

Tap the name of the track and you'll see the 5-star system. I think the heart only indicates what you like when listening to Apple Music

3. inscrewtable macrumors 65816

inscrewtable

I'm fairly sure that the heart affects what shows up in the 'for you', section.

4. Joseph H macrumors 6502

It's a shame that there isn't a playlist for all "loved"/heart songs, which you can then have offline.

5. gsmornot macrumors 68030

gsmornot

Why not a up/down vote system that tells the station to play more or less like this?

found what I was looking for. I had to start the station versus voting on prebuilt stations.

6. Blujelly macrumors 65816

Blujelly

I agree I think the more bands and artists you *heart* the more tailed content there is on the 'for you' tab.

7. asmartkid82 macrumors newbie

It's possible! All you have to do is create a smart playlist and all the liked songs will show up there

8. parseckadet macrumors 6502a

parseckadet

Wow that's annoying! I've been using the star system ever since they introduced it to create a number of smart play lists. They just made it that much more difficult for me to quickly rate songs as I buy them.