Hearthstone on MBA?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Naterz, Aug 23, 2014.

1. Naterz macrumors newbie

So i recently purchased a MBA 2013 13 inch baseline model, and i am wondering about the performance and possible consequences of playing Hearthstone on this computer. I downloaded the game and played for awhile, and it ran great on low settings. My concern is that the fans may start working to hard, or my computer will become to hot and deteriorate and slow down faster than if i was to just use it for basic computing (email, internet browsing, etc). However this game is even playable on the iPad, so my concern may be invalid. I would appreciate any thoughts regarding this topic as to whether or not i should play Hearthstone on my macbook air. Thanks!

-Naterz

2. Mrbobb macrumors 601

To me this is the plastic cover over the nice couch scenario. What's the point of getting a comfy couch if you have to sit on a hot cover? Everything wears out and the more you use it, push it, the faster is going to wear, that's for everything: computer, shoes, iPhone.

Down from my soap box, just enjoy and don't worry about it man.

3. CelestialToys macrumors 6502

Personally I'd be more worried about the impact that playing video games will have on your social life than the impact on your computers lifespan :rolleyes:

You'll be fine, the computer is designed to be used for such things

4. Naterz thread starter macrumors newbie

But...but... its so shiny haha. Thanks guys i appreciate your input.

5. twochinz macrumors newbie

Yup! Dont worry about damaging your computer honestly, it will turn off way before any damage occurs

6. Suhpreme macrumors newbie

i have the base 2014 13" mba and it runs Hearthstone fine, even on high settings. no 60 fps though but very playable.