Heat developement MBA vs. MBPr

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by CrunK3D, Sep 26, 2013.

1. CrunK3D, Sep 26, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2013

CrunK3D macrumors newbie

Hi,

I'm currently using a MBA 11" (2011) and I have some serious heat problems with CPU temperatures up to 95°C on a regular basis.
    I'm afraid that over time these temperatures are going to kill my CPU.

Right now I'm planning to buy a new Macbook (either the MBA 13" or the upcoming MBPr 13") and just wanted to ask you guys if a MBPr could actually solve my problems with extreme CPU temperatures due to better cooling?
    I'm just assuming that the MBPr has a better cooling solution because of Apples Advertisements but I really have no clue so maybe some of you could share their experiences?

Looking forward to your replies and thanks in advance! :)

2. stevebrown1950 macrumors newbie

MBPr heat vs MBP heat

Every time I am in Best Buy i look at the Mac laptops. The MBPr is always much hotter than the MBP. I have always been concerned about this.

3. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

Nothing is going to happen to your CPU, thats listed as normal operating temperatures. CPU's have failsafes that shut themselves off if they get to hot.

4. Xgm541 macrumors 6502a

Your macbook is meant to be hot. As the above poster said, nothing will happen to it. Additionally, apple's use of casing material will make the macbook feel warm as it conducts heat better than plastic for example.

5. CrunK3D thread starter macrumors newbie

First of all thanks for the replies.

It's good to know that these temperatures are not so very uncommon, but the guy at the Apple Store told me that in the long run these temperatures would definitely decrease the lifetime of the CPU.
    Besides it's really annoying that at these high temperatures the fans are blowing extremely loud.

So my question would still be if you guys could give me some advice one whether the MBPr has a better working cooling solution than the MBA (or at least one that is not as loud)?