heat issue rMbp (mid 2014)?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by makbuk, Sep 13, 2014.

1. makbuk macrumors newbie

I have the mid 2014 rmbp. I got it 3 days ago.

When i watch youtube in google chrome for 6-7 minutes the temperature of the laptop goes up to 55-60 degrees Celsius and the top of my keyboard gets slightly warm when the room temperature is 22° Celsius. After my start up the temperature was 34° C while idle. Then I open a pdf document online. When its idle the temperature is 45°C. When I scroll really quick it become 49°C to 50°C. As I am typing this post right now, the temperature is 42° C.

I just want to make sure that my rmbp is functioning normally. Especially when
    I watch youtube, the keyboard gets warm. My old crappy dell laptop did not do that.

In the attachment is a screen shot of the temperatures while watching youtube for 7-8minutes.

Attached Files:

2. T5BRICK macrumors G3

T5BRICK

It's fine. Google Chrome is a resource hog on OSX. YouTube uses Adobe Flash which also runs very poorly on OSX.

I just avoid Chrome and Flash by using Safari and ClickToPlugin. Then, YouTube videos play in HTML5 instead.

3. yjchua95 macrumors 604

Quit using Chrome. I have no idea why some OS X users keep insisting on using Chrome when it's the worst browser ever made for OS X (resource hog, battery drain, etc).

Perhaps mods should just put a sticky in the MBP and OS X section of the forums asking users to never install Chrome on their Macs so that they won't have to complain about bad battery life and overheating.

4. EOB macrumors regular

your problem is using google chrome... I am not being sarcastic on this issue, lol. I was too using google chrome and noticed it kept making my mac really hot, when I watched videos online. Switched back to safari and the problem was solved.

5. snaky69 macrumors 603

Your temps are just fine, especially when using chrome which is a known resource hog.