Heat issue...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by noway, Jul 4, 2007.

1. noway macrumors regular

noway

Not that my MBP is hot but when doing heavy task, it gets pretty hot.
    I was going over a couple review of these two apps:
    Fan Control & smc Fan Control
    I know people here use the last one... Now can someone tell me if they are using either one of them on a 2.2 SR MBP...
    Just worried it will screw up the fan settings... (This is my little baby and I want what's best for it)

Thanks

2. seany916 macrumors 6502

the damn things just run hot.

I keep 2 24" plastic fans running when using our MBPs. Keeps them from burning my fingers when picking them up.

3. feh macrumors member

This would be funny if it wasn't so sad. Thanks for cheering me up about my decision to buy a T61 over a MBP!

4. ghettochild macrumors regular

I think most people use smc fan control. I guess you can't mess anything up unless you set the lower threshold for the fans to kick in too low (and thus "fry" your laptop) or have the fans constantly running at max speeds.

5. noway thread starter macrumors regular

noway

that's not the case of everyone! mine is not running hot except if I do heavy stuff like 20 safari pages, mail, quicktime video editing and dvd burning...
    And btw, MBP get their heat out through the case and the fans only kick in extreme cases. that's why the MBP (compared to others) is so quiet... Anywayz, just another opinion, take it or leave it.

6. bmat macrumors 6502

Man, when I run aperture it gets up to 170-180 F very fast, and even then the fans don't go very high on rpm wise. I guess I should look at the 3rd party programs as well.