Heat issues with iOS 10

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by cultersheep, Sep 14, 2016.

1. cultersheep macrumors newbie

Hi everybody!

Has anyone else had any heat issues with their iPhones since updating? I have a 6s+ and it's been running very hot. If the screen is on, the phone heats up quite dramatically, and if it is charging it is too hot to touch.

This was NOT happening before yesterday's update.

I was also one of the unlucky people that had the update fail, so i have restored and started fresh.

Anyone else had anything similar?

2. mrt209 macrumors 6502

Experiencing the same thing. After upgrading to iOS 10 the phone is running really hot, even with brightness at 25%. Gets extremely hot when charging.

3. gwhizkids macrumors 68040

gwhizkids

Give it a day. Phone is doing a lot behind the scenes processing and indexing.

4. Hankkk macrumors regular

Hey. I also experienced this issue yesterday. I have an iPhone 6 and it also got extremely hot and lagged pretty hard. I believe this is because the phone data is re-indexed for things like the spotlight search plus there's probably a good amount of additional background tasks to be processed after the update.

My phone has gotten significantly better this morning and doesn't get hot at all so far, so I guess you should just wait for a few hours and the problem should hopefully solve itself.

5. cultersheep thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm kinda hoping it blows up. Would be hilarious given all the **** Samsung is getting just now!

6. Hankkk macrumors regular

Yeah..... no.

7. MaximTV macrumors 6502a

MaximTV

My iPhone has been a little bit hot as well after the update but it fixed itself after a few hours / a day.

8. iMacDragon macrumors 65816

iMacDragon

The more photos you have the longer the heat will last, background indexing and face recognition.

9. mrt209 macrumors 6502

Thanks you were right, went away after a day.

10. mrex macrumors 68030

mrex

what ever do with it, it gets warmer (6s+) and the battery drains fast.

i dont see same with my air2.