Heating Issues to be addressed??? Yes or No??

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Winter Charm, Oct 7, 2008.

?

Do you Think the Heating Issues will be fixed Via Snow Leopard, or By Harware Update?

1. Snow Leopard will fix the heating issue

4 vote(s)
    44.4%
  2. This is a Hardware issue and if Apple changes the hardware it will be fixed

5 vote(s)
    55.6%
  1. Winter Charm macrumors 6502a

Winter Charm

Well, MacForums... i would like to hear your opinions on the Macbook Heating problems...

The macbook runs at peaks of well over 70 Degrees Celcius... and i was wondering if everyone would be so kind as to post their guesses on teh cause of this problem... and if they think apple will address this in their new macbooks or with the release of Snow Leopard??

Here are my opinions: (opinions k?? no bashing please!) ;)

1. The reason that they heat up is because OS X uses the CPU a little more than it should and thus keeps it hot.

2. i'm hoping that this is addressed with the release of Snow Leopard, which will allow Macs to tap into the power of their GPU's, easing the strain on the processor and spreading out the heat created

Again, i want to make clear that i am NOT bashing macs... and would like to just hear your opinions about it! =D thank you Mac Forums!

EDIT: please people do not get angry as i misspelled the question in the Poll... and forgot an option for "there is no heating issue"

But let me point out that a "safe" temperature for a CPU is UNDER 60 degrees celcius!

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

You're missing the option that says "There is no heating issue" ;)

Also you spelled 'hardware' wrong and what's up with the weird capitalizations?

3. Winter Charm thread starter macrumors 6502a

Winter Charm

Oops... sorry... i'll fix that... i'm just saying that i've heard a lot of people complaining that they have to use something like smc fan control to cool down their macbooks... as far as i know there IS a heating issue... and ignore my capitalization... my shift key is like Dead on my winDows laptop... -- hence my signature...

4. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Well people do not come on here to say "I don't have a heating issue". That would weird if all these popped up about not having problems.

5. Winter Charm thread starter macrumors 6502a

Winter Charm

ok good point lol... you got me...

this thread has had it's heart ripped out and stabbed :p

6. hogfaninga macrumors 65816

hogfaninga

I run a lot of intensive software and I have no heating issues at all. I have had 2 Macbook and my wife has one of her own. No issues at all.

I don't think the poll is fair at all b/c there is no option for no problems. Very loaded poll.

I also noticed the OP doesn't own a Macbook, so he/she wouldn't know. People who don't have issues don't come here and say that like the other poster said.

7. macbooker15 macrumors 6502

umm...Sorry to everyone here, but I have a rev. 2 C2D macbook and have huge heating probs just from firefox and word open.

8. polee macrumors 6502a

polee

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8320/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/167)

I do not have such problems. Macbook does get warm but it not overtly warm. Better than my sony vaio which gets much warmer doing the same tasks.

9. Beric macrumors 68020

Beric

It's definitely a hardware issue. I've both bought Coolbook and downloaded Fancontrol. Fancontrol is merely a complement to Coolbook, which lowered my average temps 20-30 degrees Fahrenheit across the board, whether web browsing (125 F), watching flash videos (140 F), idling (115 F), or anything else. I am also able to play AoE3 at max available specs across the board, without it overheating, coincidentally. My temps used to get up to 185 F in AoE3, and now they're down at 160 F. And I have a GMA 950. ;) My computer is now VERY cool. Similar laptop PC's are still cooler, so it IS probably a hardware issue (the computer is just too thin and without adequate cooling), but I'm VERY happy with Coolbook.