Heavy Advertising

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Nagooya, Jun 21, 2007.

1. Nagooya macrumors 6502

Nagooya

I've noticed that Apple has really pushed the promotion of the iPhone with ads popping up nearly every five minutes on TV. Are you having a similar experience?

2. johnzoidberg macrumors member

Yes. I kind of wish they didn't advertise it so much, though. It's already such a hyped launch, any more ads would just result in me not being able to purchase mine on the 29th. ;)

3. timmypv15 macrumors regular

i dont' think you are going to have a problem getting one on the 29th unless you live in like NYC, if they are pushing these ads so much, there are LOTS of phones to sell

4. berkleeboy210 macrumors 68000

I tend to see them a lot during the day on channels like CNBC and ESPN, not so much on my local stations, every so often. but they are constantly on CNBC throughout the day.

5. johnzoidberg macrumors member

In fact, I do live in New York, so I hope there really will be enough units.

Short supplies didn't step Sony from over-advertising the PS3 right before launch. And we all know how that launch turned out...

6. iMichael72 macrumors regular

I hope you are right. I have no idea what to expect on the 29th.
    I'm dreading a loooong line!

7. /dev/toaster macrumors 68020

/dev/toaster

Agreed, I don't think the amount of ads has anything to do with how many they do or don't have. Companies will push it hard regardless.

8. berkleeboy210 macrumors 68000

I'm still thinking that it won't be AS crazy as a PS3 or Wii Launch, but there will still be Lines.

I'm hoping that people if not approved by Cingular's Credit Check don't go crazy in the store.

9. /dev/toaster macrumors 68020

/dev/toaster

Thats why its a good idea to call for a credit check BEFORE Friday. I did mine last week.

10. TenaciousPZ macrumors regular

As long as you're not getting one from the Apple Store on 5th Ave in NYC, you shouldn't have a problem. There are more At&t outlets in my area of NJ than there are people that have 500 dollars, let alone people who can afford to spend $500. Like I've been saying, I'll be there at 5:30.

11. fenixx macrumors regular

fenixx

I think Apple loves the Daily Show/Colbert Report hour to advertise. It always full of iPod and now iPhone commercials.

I guess its the Colbert bump. ;)