Heavy Duty - Color Wireless printer

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Garand, Dec 12, 2011.

1. Garand macrumors member

Looking for recommedations on a quality, heavy duty, reliable, color wireless printer.

Needs -

Budget $1,000
    Simple to set up/maintain wireless
    Must handle double sided printing
    Able to handle 500+ sheets per day
    32 ppm color printing or higher
    Larger toner reserve preferred

Thanks.

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Do you intend to carry around a printer so that you can quickly retrieve a bunch of print-outs or do you intend to print from a wireless computer or digital device? I suspect that it is the latter. If I am correct, then you do not need a wireless printer. You need a networked printer that is connected via Ethernet to a wireless router. My networked printers are connected to my wireless router.

As for a printer recommendation, you seem to want a quality rig from a reputable manufacturer. You can get everything that you want for much less than $1000 US. Take a look at the Xerox Colorcube 8570/DN Solid Ink Color Printer ($699 US) and the Xerox Phaser 6280/DN Color Laser Printer ($499 US). These are both genuine PostScript printers that support the full gamut of Mac, Windows, and TCP/IP network protocols including Bonjour. Run an Ethernet cable from your printer to a LAN port on your router and print from anywhere that you can see the router. I made the switch to Xerox [from HP] seven years ago. I do not look back.

3. maril1111 macrumors 68000

maril1111

Also do you want laser or color?

Laser tends to be cheaper in the long-run but for your purposes might exceed your budget.

4. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

You're not making sense. There is no need to chose between color and laser. The Xerox Phaser 6280 Color Laser Printer includes both color and laser. The Xerox ColorCube 8570 printer is a color printer that for my money is superior to the color laser printer. There are those who believe that color requires inkjets--with their wet runny expensive ink. Well, the OP clearly wants a printer that prints around 30 pages/minute. I am aware of no inkjet printer that approaches that kind of production. The ColorCube certainly does. I don't own a ColorCube, but I do own its older sibling, the Xerox Phaser 8550/DN duplex printer. It prints about 30 ppm for documents composed of text and graphics. It also prints gorgeous color photographs on Kodak glossy photographic stock.