Heavy Duty/Durable Lightning Cable

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by brian017, Feb 7, 2013.

1. brian017 macrumors regular

Every lightning cable I've had has broke after a few weeks of use (randomly disconnecting and reconnecting to enventually not connecting at all). I'm sick of getting replacement cables and was wondering are they any heavy duty lightning cables on the market. I know Griffin had something for the 30-pin cable but can't seem to find anything for the new cable.

2. zorinlynx macrumors 601

zorinlynx

What the heck do you do to your poor cables? I own three lightning to USB cables, have subjected them to reasonable use and have had no problems.

3. wxman2003 Suspended

How are you disconnecting cable from phone? Are you just pulling on the cable or actually grabbing the large part of the connector?

4. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Amazon sells one that looks like it might be a little more sturdy then the Apple version.

5. rc0310 macrumors member

just buy the Lightening to Micro USB adaptor and buy a Micro USB cable..

I have the same problem with these weak Apple cables.. Got my replacement.. Going i leave one at home and use the adaptor with cheap cable at work/carry with me outside

6. MarkCooz macrumors 6502a

I just bought the one from Amazon and received it today. Definitely worth it. The actual cable is thicker and the tips are bigger than the one made by apple. So some cases may not accept the cable at all.

I like to rock my iPhone naked so i don't have a problem with the cable. It's $5 cheaper so I'm a pretty happy camper!