Heavy Duty Overkill Protection for 3G?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Ahheck01, Sep 30, 2008.

1. Ahheck01 macrumors 6502

Hey guys, getting an iPhone 3G for development purposes, and it doesn't need to look pretty, it needs to be protected from clumsy idiots (i.e. me). I'm thinking of doing one of the scratch-resistent skins (based on review, the bodyguardz cover for the front/glass, and the Invisible Shield for the rear/rest of the iphone), but on top of that, I'm looking for a rugged, heavy-duty, slip resistent case that will give max protection from drops.

The only stipulation is dockability, considering for development, it'll be docked much of the time.

Suggestions?

Thanks!

-Evan

2. Opie macrumors 6502a

Opie

Well I dont know if you will be able to find a case with that kind of protection that has dock compatibility. You cant go wrong with an otterbox. I had one on my first gen iphone and it ads bulk but will definitely give you drop protection.

3. Ahheck01 thread starter macrumors 6502

That's certainly along the lines of what I'm looking for.

Other suggestions out there?

-Evan

4. neesh0 macrumors 6502a

neesh0

not much else but the otterbox that sort-of fits your description, but maybe using the the data/charge cable will be better with the otterbox

5. threezero macrumors 6502

otterbox defender for 3g, armor for 2g

end of disscussion

6. Ahheck01 thread starter macrumors 6502

7. Opie macrumors 6502a

Opie

8. Ahheck01 thread starter macrumors 6502

9. Mr. Giver '94 macrumors 68000

Mr. Giver '94

You could just lug it around in a safe. :D Just make sure you have a skin on it so it won't be scratched by the metal inside. :D

Seriously though, you should be fine with a regular case. I have an Incase Protective Cover that I really like. It is rubberized and has great grip. The phone is still scratch free!! The iPhone really isn't as fragile as some people seem to think.