Heavy Duty USB charging/syncing cable??

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by hokeyplyr48, Jul 16, 2010.

1. hokeyplyr48 macrumors member

I recently bought a belkin dual USB port car charger off ebay and it's been amazing and I really like having two usb ports so I can charge my bluetooth and my phone simultaneously. What I really like is the fact that it came with an included USB to dock connector cable and it's built like a tank. All of my traditional apple usb cables break near the dock connector and I end up having to replace them as seen here:

[​IMG]

The included USB cable is built like a tank and is extremely thick. It measures .174" in diameter as opposed to .117" in diameter, which is how thick the Apple cable is.

[​IMG]

What I've been trying to do for the last month is buy just this cable or find an equivalent cable to buy to replace my existing Apple cables since they keep dying. Unfortunately I've been unable to find another one of these cables, short of buying another belkin car charger of ebay which would cost me $25 per cable essentially.

Any ideas?

[​IMG]

2. phatjoe88 macrumors member

Go to CableJive.com I get all my cables / adapters from them. They have a lot of great products.

3. hokeyplyr48 thread starter macrumors member

phatjoe: thanks for your link.

anyone else have any ideas?

4. SloppyG macrumors newbie

5. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

seems they offer a lot of what monoprice.com does, just at a really higher price. They do have a couple items I don't see on monoprice though.