Heeeeelp, please! I messed up!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by goincrazy, Jan 24, 2008.

1. goincrazy macrumors newbie

Hello all,

first of all: I am a newbie that has no idea what she's doing!

Long story in short:

I bought the iPhone version 1.1.2., did the unlock procedure which is found all over the internet:

Downgrade firmware from 1.1.2 to 1.1.1 , Jailbreak & Activate, insatll OKTOPREP

Worked like a charm!!

Afterwards I wanted to upgrade back to 1.1.2 since iTunes has already released a new version I proceeded with instructions found here:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=405142&highlight=upgrade+unlocked+phone+to+1.1.3

Now, when I went on with this:

Step 4: Update to 1.1.2

1. Connect your device to your computer

2. Launch iTunes

3. Choose your device

4. Hold "Option" on a Mac, or "Shift" on a PC and click, "Update." Navigate to the 1.1.2 file that we downloaded and click OK.

- DO NOT CLICK OR SHIFT-CLICK RESTORE: That will wipe the changes OktoPrep made.

5. Wait forever for your device to update

I DID wait forever and nothing happened! All of a sudden the phone went black. And if I push the off and home button for 15-30 secs I get either the apple logo or this pic:

[​IMG]

I just connected the phone to iTunes, only if I keep pushing the off and home button iTunes finally recognizes the phone. Says it needs restoring, okay...works and after restoring comes an error code that it cannot be restored.

I think I really, really messed up! Problem is I live in Cancun, no Apple Store or anyone I could turn to near. Any magical advice?!

2. dsgalit macrumors member

What's the error that you get? :confused: Also, have you already upgraded to itunes 7.6, if so, you will not be able to update to 1.1.2 from itunes 7.6!