Heidfeld clinches Williams-BMW drive

iGav

macrumors G3
Original poster
Mar 9, 2002
Good stuff this! I was really worried that Williams would cripple their team by opting for Pizzonia for next season.

It is believed the decisive factor was Heidfeld’s superior pace in a direct head-to-head contest on equal fuel loads
Is that really such a surprise?? this is after all the driver who more than held his own against Kimi Raikkonen when they were together at Sauber... he's seriously underrated IMHO, and deserves this opportunity.

rinky dink link

Diatribe

macrumors 601
Jan 8, 2004
Back in the motherland
Wooohooo, thanks for posting hadn't heard that yet. I am so relieved that they chose Heidfeld over the sponsored Pizzonia. It'll be really interesting how he does against Webber. Schu already said he sees a potential rival in him for the championship.

Comment

Lord Blackadder

macrumors G5
May 7, 2004
Sod off
I figured that as long as it came down to lap times, Heidfeld would come out on top. Nothing against Pizzonia, but taking him because Petrobas wanted him is a dumb idea. Heifeld and Webber are both definitely underrated drivers, but that should change this season since they're in what should be a contender car.

Comment

MOFS

macrumors 65816
Feb 27, 2003
Durham, UK
iGAV said:
Good stuff this! I was really worried that Williams would cripple their team by opting for Pizzonia for next season.

Is that really such a surprise?? this is after all the driver who more than held his own against Kimi Raikkonen when they were together at Sauber... he's seriously underrated IMHO, and deserves this opportunity.

rinky dink link
Agree absolutely. When Raikkonen got the Mclaren drive, I thought Heidfield had done the better job. Plus He won the F3 championship - showing his quality. And he's German! ;)

PS: Where's your monkey gone iGav?

EDIT: Oh ok - must have been a prob with my browser...

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.