Other Helium-gate? I see a major iPhone recall coming...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by joeblow7777, Nov 4, 2018.

1. joeblow7777 macrumors 603

2. itsmilo macrumors 68020

itsmilo

Did it permanently damage all their devices or did it just take a while to be „reborn“? I’d be mad

3. rain111 macrumors 6502a

rain111

There is no permanent damage, apparently the phone will get back to life from 24hrs to 1 Week... iFixit did a test in this video.

Also, what is it with people keep making this x-gate stuff everytime somethings comes up, rather annoying... can't you just wait until you or anyone do a proper research and confirm such a problem worth having an x-gate issue? geez.

4. joeblow7777 thread starter macrumors 603

Just to be clear, this tread is meant to be a parody of the whole "-gate" thing. While it appears that exposure to helium can actually disable Apple devices, it is something that would only ever happen in a deliberate situation like the iFixit video, or a 1-in-a-million freak accident like the gas leak at the medical facility.

5. mi7chy macrumors 603

mi7chy

You'll be fine as long as you don't work in hospitals or go to parties that have balloons.

Big question, though, is why Apple chose to use MEMS oscillator with known drawbacks vs proven crystal oscillators.

6. Starship67 Suspended

Starship67

As in the Apple WatchCast Podcast I want Siri on helium voice.