Hell has frozen over - Thurrott likes lion - alot

Discussion in 'macOS' started by shk718, Jul 14, 2011.

1. shk718 macrumors 65816

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

I just read that - you do have a point, and I think Thurrott makes some valid quibbles about Lion. Launchpad in particular has usability issues (not bugs, but design flaws).

3. -Ryan- macrumors 68000

:rolleyes: Good old Thurrott...

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

He's given apple kudos before, so its not surprising that there are facets within Lion that he applauds.

5. shk718 thread starter macrumors 65816

this is the first review i've seen of it. i don't even see one from mossberg - i wonder if paul was under nda or not - if he was then i bet this means it gets released today??????

6. jschmitt macrumors member

jschmitt

The timing of his review is pretty telling; As a fan of his, I can tell you that he is pretty responsible from an NDA perspective. My guess is that this is as good evidence as any that Lion is right around the corner. I'll be curious to see when Ihnatko's review is available!

Paul (despite being a Windows guy) is pretty even-handed in his praise/criticism of Apple. He makes no bones about the fact that he actively keeps up on and uses Apple products.

John

7. shk718 thread starter macrumors 65816

he's interesting - i find on his web site he's rather snarky about apple - but when he's on leo's show (windows weekly) he's more rational. i think he's trying to drum up controversy on the website to drum up traffic.