Hell of a Week

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Jnesbitt82, May 6, 2014.

1. Jnesbitt82 macrumors 6502

Jnesbitt82

I just finished up my first semester back to college. Happy to say I made a 4.0 and really enjoyed it. Summer semester starts up on the 12th so I getting ready for that. Oh, and my wife was goofing off with one of her pregnant friends last night and decided to take one of her leftover pregnancy test. Guess how that ended up. lol

The doctor told us this morning that the blood test confirmed that we're having a baby. She also said that the HCG levels are so low that we shouldn't have detected the pregnancy on a home test. This caught us completely off-guard but it's good news all the same.

Attached Files:

• 1.JPG
      1.JPG
      File size:
      102.2 KB
      Views:
  2. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

Congrats and good luck!!!!

I remember all the weird little tricks I'd do just trying to see anything at all on a home pregnancy test when chrmjenkins and I were trying for our little girl; as if I could coax it into being positive. I swear I can now spot the faintest line from 3 miles away.

3. b3av3r macrumors regular

b3av3r

Congrats on the school stuff. And even more so on the upcoming baby!

It was a hell of a week for you.

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Congrats and good luck.

Being a dad is the best thing you can imagine. Sometimes its a lot of work, but it so worth it :D

5. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

Out of curiosity, why did she go to the doctor for a pregnancy test if she was just goofing around with the store kit, and it came up negative?

6. sdilley14 macrumors 65816

Was wondering the same thing.

7. jbachandouris macrumors 601

jbachandouris

So glad this thread turned out to be a positive one as my experience the last few days has not been.

Congrats on the baby!

8. imaketouchtheme macrumors 65816

There's clearly two lines in that picture? That's most likely why they took a blood test. :rolleyes:

9. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

If you look close theres another line

10. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

I'm not sure I'd say "there's clearly two lines." I had to look at that photo very closely (and several times) in order to see anything resembling a whisper of a second line. It is quite the opposite of clear. Granted, I'm on my phone, so perhaps it's "clear" on a laptop or desktop.

Anyway, congrats OP!

11. puma1552 macrumors 601

I guess I haven't taken enough home pregnancy tests being a man and all, but if that faint line on the left constitutes a second line, then that's a pretty piss-poor test.

One would logically expect that the big daddy line that tells you you are pregnant would at least look like the one on the right. I probably would've went and had a drink after taking that test.

12. imaketouchtheme macrumors 65816

I'm not quite sure you understand how these tests work. I'm a guy and have never witnessed one, but with simple logic and reasoning I can assume.

It's kind of like litmus paper. The more of something you have the more it changes. In this instance, it was taken in an early stage of pregnancy and therefore the HGC was not very high, returning a very faint line.

13. AustinIllini macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

14. Apple fanboy macrumors Core

Apple fanboy

Enjoy being a dad. It totally changes your life and what's important.
    But yes it is hard work (especially the early years).
    Congrats to you both.

15. Jnesbitt82 thread starter macrumors 6502

Jnesbitt82

Thank you all! Yes, that is a positive test above. It just has a really faint line. This happened due to the hcg level being low. Basically, it means we caught the pregnancy within a day after it implanted into the uterus. This will make our third child and looking forward to it. :)