Hell Yes !! First Mac !! Finally !!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Gunga Din, Feb 26, 2008.

1. Gunga Din macrumors 6502

Well, after deciding to get a Mac in December, I went with the MBP tonight !!

Base 15" Glossy, 2.4, 2GB, 200GB HD, 256mb 8600.

First I thought about the mac pro, then MBP, then iMac......well today I went to the store and said F it !! Give me the MBP so I can take my Mac anywhere and everywhere to learn as much as possible. I can take to work and play with it during downtime or take it around the house and surf while watching TV.

I felt the portablity would end up giving me 10-12 hrs more a week where I can learn this new OS and get a handle on all the new apps.

Thx to all for your advice. Everyone had some input in this decision. Special thx CMAIER for giving me the final advice I needed to pick up the MBP tonight !!

I hope to make a great addition to your community, now that I actually have a Mac :)

2. dsnort macrumors 68000

dsnort

Congratulations, and welcome to the family. You'll love it here!

3. Techsavyfreak macrumors member

Awesome! have fun with your MBP! I have a (non-Penryn) MBP, and i love it.

4. markrivers macrumors 6502a

markrivers

5. Flyer0815 macrumors 6502

Congrats on your purchase.. I was a lurker here for years and these forums and people "secretly" gave me the best advise on making the switch back to mac after an extended vacation.

The community here is truly top-notch!

6. mbrydone macrumors regular

7. queshy macrumors 68040

queshy

Congrats! Don't worry about learning the OS...it really isn't hard and it's very intuitive.

8. dothevampire macrumors newbie

dothevampire

I am in the same boat as you Gunga Din, I am finally making the jump after a 13+ years of using windows.

I can't wait to get my hands on OSX and all it's glory!

9. BuzzedHornet macrumors newbie

I have been lurking here since December as well. I will be picking up my first Mac tomorrow. I am getting the same set up as you with the matte screen tho.

=) Happy Happy Joy Joy =)

10. Gunga Din thread starter macrumors 6502

Yea, so far tonight I've setup my email, transferred over my iTunes library and started installing apps from that Macheist Bundle i ordered so I have some things to play with.

I definately have to get used to this OS but i'm getting alot done just winging it. Its so easy :). I'll keep you updated.

The Glossy screen is great, the colors are rich and I highly recommend it for moives and video. This thing is fast. I dont know if the 5400 HD was better than the 7200 rpm one, but i'm seeing no problems with speed.

I got the base MBP with Apple care and an aluminum keyboard (cord, to work at home on my larger monitor) for $2058. You can't beat that. Thats with EDU discount and tax free state of DE. Hell of a buy if anyone else can swing it.