Helllllllllp

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Stephanie:), Mar 22, 2014.

1. Stephanie:) macrumors newbie

I recently forgot the pw to my iPhone. So I backed it up and reset it on iTunes. I was on version iOS 7.0.4 when I backed it up and when I restored it. I guess it updated to iOS 7.1 on its own. And now it won't let me restore my resent backup. I've tried downgrading through YouTube videos but it doesn't work. I really need all my business contacts back. Please help :)

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

You can't downgrade it. You can restore a 7.0.4 backup onto a 7.1 device without a problem. Click Restore in iTunes and let it restore your device to iOS 7.1. When it's done, it'll ask you if you want to restore it from a backup or set it up as a new device. Choose restore from backup and select the backup with your contacts in it.

3. Stephanie:) thread starter macrumors newbie

It's saying I don't have enough memory on my phone to do the back up. I'm assuming because It took more memory to upgrade

4. luckydcxx macrumors 65816

luckydcxx

go to settings > general > usage
    then delete some unused apps until you have enough space.

5. Stephanie:) thread starter macrumors newbie

Well right now my phone is empty. Is there a way to delete anything from my back up in iTunes ?

6. BvizioN macrumors 68040

BvizioN

Perhaps you have more then 1 back up in the clouds. Not sure if deleting the rest and keeping only the recent back up (or whichever you want the phone restored to) could help?

7. Stephanie:) thread starter macrumors newbie