Hellllllppppp!!!! Forgot My Icloud Remote Lock Code

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by maccaroni, Aug 14, 2012.

1. maccaroni macrumors newbie

maccaroni

:( Hi can anybody help, I remote lock my macbook air about 4 months ago but the remote lock code did not take effect into the Macbook Air till 4 months later when I upgrade to 10.8 and my macbook ask me for the Icloud password which activated the remote lock that I did 4 months ago. Now I cannot remember the 4 digit code. I took the macbook to the store and they said they could not unlock it unless they replace the logic board. However I saw on the I cloud website that the store should be able to unlock it. I went back and fort with them for over a week and no dice. Do you guys have any ideas?

2. charlieegan3 macrumors 68020

charlieegan3

So you set up remote lock but it only came into effect when you tried to upgrade to mountain lion? Thats a serious bug that you should be able to get apple to sort out for you, what is the reason they give for not doing it at the store?

3. maccaroni thread starter macrumors newbie

maccaroni

I guess my mac was not sign in to the Icloud when I did the remote lock. So when I upgrade to 10.8 it ask me for my I cloud info and thas when it restarted automatically asking for a 4 digit pin... Apple says they have to replace logic board that the I cloud password has no way around it.

4. charlieegan3 macrumors 68020

charlieegan3

I feel you're pain, I don't know what you can do, someone else might be able to help but don't have a clue. Still sounds like you did nothing wrong, if you didn't mean to lock you're machine and yet it now is, then thats apple's fault for locking up your computer, isn't it?

Also I know you must be thinking this yourself but...How could you forget your passcode?!

5. maccaroni thread starter macrumors newbie

maccaroni

Well is kind of my fault for forgetting the 4 digit pin from 4 months ago. But what frustrate me is that even though I have access to the Icloud account I cannot do anything to reset it.

At this point I am looking for people that had similar problem and what were their solutions...