helllllo (Cinema Displays Glossy or Matte?)

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by kculloton, May 29, 2007.

1. kculloton macrumors member

Do the acd's have a glossy screen or matte screen?

2. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

Matte...I recommend waiting until WWDC on June 11th if you're looking to buy...

3. kculloton thread starter macrumors member

Why though?

Do you think there will be an update?

The only problem I'm having is that I'm really scared that when they do update their mbp line and their cinema display line, it will all be even more expensive then it is right now...

4. NickD macrumors 6502a

NickD

There will hopefully be an update to the ACD's, as they are overdue, like many of Apple's other products. Unless you're looking to purchase one immediately, wait a couple weeks and see what Apple releases (if they release anything).

NickD

5. Dreadnought macrumors 68020

Dreadnought

Normally the ACD's are updated in august/september. This update happens almost every year unless Apple introduces a new size. And this could be happening in two weeks time. Also better resolution (160 instead of 96), LED backlight, 23" could become a 24", better contrast due to LED backlight, and faster response time.

6. kolax macrumors G3

Even if they are more expensive, then you could get a really good deal on the current models that will be going out of date.

Shops will be wanting to get rid of the old models in order to make space for new models.

I'd wait a few weeks to see what Jobs' has to say.